Monday, January 30, 2012

choose your last words

Lana Del Rey
Born to Die


This video was shown to me by a close friend of mine recently. 
Although I do not know much about Lana Del Rey as an artist I love this video. 
I'll say this with the risk of sounding completely melodramatic but- I normally physically and mentally cannot watch music videos like this for reasons that don't really make sense. My closest friends know
that I will literally leave the room, party or restaurant if certain music comes on.
After watching Rihanna's We Found Love for the first time I just about vomited. 
Too close to home for me and put too simply. But this video- I don't know. It's good.
The best part about it is that the concept for the video was created completely by Lana Del Ray.
Although, she did not direct the video she was a large part of its creation and production. That says
a lot about her as an artist in my opinion. The quality, color and dynamic is just GOOD. 
Although the bed scene is a little much for me....


My favorite line? "You like your girls insane."








et

No comments:

Post a Comment