Wednesday, February 22, 2012

all but a single inch

So inspired right now. FINALLY.
SAIC's freshman showcase, ArtBash, is coming up in April and I've
been so stressed out about submitting my proposal and what not. Not
everybody gets a space to show their work, so it gets pretty competitive.
I've come up with a multi medium piece consisting of a video, an installation,
a sculpture and performance. I usually work just in sculpture and printmedia-
SO THIS IS A HUGE JUMP FOR ME and I'm very excited.
I ran all of the details by one of my professors today and she LOVED IT.
i mean LOVED IT.
Cant wait. Now I just have to make it.......
fingers crossed.






Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: 
a premeditated murder of minutes. The 
violence 
comes from a combination of giving up, not caring, and a resignation
that getting past it is all you can hope to accomplish. 
So you kill the hour. 
You do not work, you do not read, you do not daydream. 
If you sleep it is not because you need to sleep. 
And when at last it is over, 
there is no evidence:
no weapon, 
no blood,
and no body. 
The only clue might be the shadows beneath your eyes or a terribly thin line near the corner of your mouth indicating something has been suffered, that in the privacy of your life you have lost something and the loss is too empty to share.

House of Leaves



and now, my dearest. it is red wine time.
xoxoxoxoxo











et

No comments:

Post a Comment